Sunday, January 7, 2007

Mission: ChaCha

Today I was informed of "Mission: CHACHA." A program to spread the word about ChaCha. Naturally, I was immediately interested because this can make me more money. I was reading through the ToS, which seem very lucrative, when I found the following paragraph. It describes what is classified as "cheating the rewards system," aka "gaming" it.

Gaming: Use of any and all cheat programs, including third-party software such as macro programs is strictly prohibited. Examples of cheating include, but are not limited to, aimbots, wallhacks, poles, and maphacks. Any Guide, or other person or entity working on behalf of a Guide, found cheating will be immediately disqualified. Exploitation of any map bugs is strictly prohibited. Use of scripting in configs is prohibited. If there is any question regarding promotional tactics, please contact missionchacha@chacha.com.


This paragraph is meant to describe "gaming" the system, I.E. cheating. But instead, it describes CHEATING IN VIDEOGAMES! I think someone at ChaCha HQ managed to pull one over on the team, and I can't believe this slipped through into the official ToS.

I'm debating whether or not I'll post the link for you all to download my tool bar, thus making me money. It all depends on whether or not it will reveal my real identity. Expect an update regarding this soon. Please refrain from the use of any aimbots in my absence. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Careful about posting your link. Each link you send is unique and it is my understanding you won't get credit if the same link is used by multiple people.

BadMammaJDollars said...

I found this interesting and have been promoting it on my website. I've been getting responses, however no seems to be downloading the toolbar according to my stats. It make me wonder who is cheating here.