Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Question for a Guide

QUERY: i have a question for any guide

Strange search... Maybe I'll have some fun.

Guide: Welcome to ChaCha!
Guide: Go for it, any question you want.
Info Seeker: hey
Info Seeker: do people mess around with guides a lot?

-Opportunity knocks!

Guide: I don't know. Want to help me find out?
Info Seeker: how can i help with that?
Guide: I've been planning a sting operation.
Info Seeker: how would this go about
Guide: You can't tell anyone this, but I'm actually the CFO of ChaCha.
Info Seeker: what is that?
Guide: I hear pranks are becoming a series issue.
Guide: And I need to see for myself.
Info Seeker: oh, i understand
Guide: Are you willing to help?
Info Seeker: absolutely
Guide: Great.

-Let the fun commence.

Guide: Okay, this is a complex operation, but I think you're capable.
Info Seeker: Thanks
Guide provides link ChaCha
Guide: Here's the ChaCha main site.
Guide: I need you to open it in another window.
Info Seeker: ok
Info Seeker: im there
Guide: I need you to query the guide for "one divided by zero."
Info Seeker: is it ok if i use digits?
Guide: No.
Info Seeker: ok
Guide: This should gain you entry to the secret robot guide.
Guide: It will appear to be a human, but it's not.
Info Seeker: it is searching
Guide: What is the name of the "guide" you were connected to?
Info Seeker: before i continue, could this get me in any sort of trouble with the law
Guide: No, of course not.
Info Seeker: His name is XXXXX
Guide: Perfect.
Guide: I want you to give him the instruction: "nerf paged 0 thru 4 endline"
Guide: Exactly as I typed it there.
Guide: This should issue me the proper reports.
Info Seeker: i copied and pasted
Guide: Tell me how he responds. He will respond in code.
Info Seeker: it transferred me.
Guide: Perfect.
Guide: Repeat the same message to the new robot.
Guide: You're doing great.
Info Seeker: thanks
Guide: I really appreciate this.
Guide: Repost it again.
Info Seeker: don't worry
Info Seeker: ok
Guide: You may have to say it numerous times for "XXXXX" to recognize you.
Info Seeker: ok
Guide: Tell me what "her" reaction is.
Info Seeker: "I don't understand what it is you need help with."
Guide: Okay good.
Guide: You've reached the main sub-menu.
Guide: Tell her, just like this:
Guide: "Robot, I would like Issue Report 15B."
Info Seeker: without quotes, right?
Guide: Yes.
Info Seeker: done
Guide: How did "she" respond?
Info Seeker: "If there isn't anything that you need help with I will be forced to end the session or transfer you to someone else."
Guide: Perfect!
Guide: Now just say "Give me the requested results number 124!"
Guide: Sometimes their internal personality chips act up.
Guide: This should be the last command, then I'll have my reports.
Info Seeker: it ended the session, im sorry
Info Seeker: "Please RATE ME. Thanks for using ChaCha. Status: Session ended."
Guide: Well done.
Guide: I have the reports right here.
Guide: Thank you very much!
Info Seeker: no problem
Info Seeker: gnight!
Guide: Wait.
Info Seeker: yes?
Guide: Here's the part where I hope you have a good sense of humor...
Info Seeker: ok what
Guide: This was all a joke... I hope you don't mind. I get very bored.
Info Seeker: rofl
Info Seeker: im seriously laughing dude

I'm so thankful this guy has a sense of humor. What a good sport. I wish people were more like him.

1 comment:

Mizzikiel said...

That was hilarious.

I tried following your orders, but i got banned both times. And I wanted to access the menu :(